AEMC 6470-B Digital Multi-Function Ground Resistance Tester, 4-Point
Rugged digital 2 and 3-point ground resistance and soil resistivity tester that also measures touch potential, earth coupling and bonding. Includes a rechargeable battery and built-in charger which allows the unit to be charged and used when plugged in.
The AEMC 6470-B Digital Ground Resistance Tester performs grounding resistance, soil resistivity, bonding tests (2- and 4-wire Resistance) and earth coupling measurements. This direct reading tester measures from 0.01 to 99.99kΩ, and is auto-ranging, automatically seeking out the optimum measurement range test current and test frequency. Easy-to-use simply connect the leads, select the test mode, Press-to-Measure and read the results. Up to 512 test results can be stored in internal memory for later recall to the display or download to a PC for analysis and hard copy reports.
The large LCD is easy-to-read and indicates grounding electrode resistance, test voltage, current and frequency. It also measures individual test electrode resistance, battery status and more depending on the measurement.
The AEMC 6470-B is Cat IV rated to 50V and is over voltage protected to greater than 250V against accidental connection to live circuits. Live voltage, if present, is also displayed on screen. In the event of a system fault, it can withstand 250V between any two terminals. Also included, are manual and automatic test frequency selection from 40 to 513Hz; user selectable Soil Resistivity test method (Wenner or Schlumberger); user selectable 2-Wire or 4-Wire Bond Resistance test and a Earth coupling test feature.
Additional features of the AEMC 6470-B Digital Ground Resistance Tester include: a heavy-duty field case sealed against dust and water when closed (the test button is also sealed against the elements); NiMH rechargeable batteries. An external charger powered from 120V/230V 50/60Hz is included. Also can be powered and charged from a 12V vehicle battery. Testing while recharging is allowed.
The AEMC 6470-B is rugged, easy-to-use and ideal for maintenance crews and contractors performing numerous tests. It exceeds mechanical and safety specifications for shock, vibration and drop tests called out in IEC standards. The adjustable test frequency and filtering provide for rejection of high levels of interference, allowing it to be used under difficult conditions such as the presence of high stray currents that normally affect accuracy, and measured auxiliary rod resistance enables the user to optimize measurements in difficult soil environments.
• 4-Pole (4-Point) Fall-of-Potential measurement for very low resistance measurements with manual or automatic frequency selection and automatic lead compensation
• 3-Point Fall-of-Potential measurement
• 3-Point earth coupling measurement
• Manual or automatic frequency scan from 40 to 513Hz for test accuracy in electrically noisy environments
• Earth coupling testing
• Selectable test voltage 16 or 32V up to 250mA test current
• 4-Point soil resistivity measurement with automatic calculation of Rho and user selection of Wenner or Schlumberger test method
• 2- and 4-Wire DC resistance measurement (Bond testing) with automatic polarity reversal
• Auto-off power management
• Automatic recognition of all electrode connections and their resistance value
• Stores up to 512 complete test results in internal memory
• Optically isolated USB communication
• Remote set up and operation of all measurements using DataView® software supplied
• Rechargeable NiMH batteries from wall charger or vehicle power
• Rugged dustproof and rainproof field
• Includes DataView® software
• 3-Point measurements of resistance to ground of ground rods and grids. 3-Point measurements are generally used when the electrode or grid can be easily disconnected.
• 4-Point tests or soil resistivity measurements. Locating areas of lowest soil resistivity is essential for achieving an economical grounding installation.
• Touch and step potential testing measurements. These tests are recommended when the ground cannot be disconnected, where ground faults are highly likely to occur, or when the "footprint" of grounded equipment (the outline of the part of equipment in contact with the earth) is comparable to the size of the ground to be tested.
• 2- or 4-Wire tests for continuity tests on bonding or on grounding systems. This test is a DC resistive test using 250mA or more and is used to check bonding of all connection points on the ground system.
• Earth coupling measurement and display. Used to estimate the influence of two earth resistance systems that are not connected to each other.
What's included with the AEMC 6470-B
• 6470-B Digital Multi-Function Ground Resistance Tester
• Carrying bag
• 110/240V power adapter with US power cord
• Optical USB cable
• Rechargeable NiMH battery pack
• USB stick with DataView software, ground tester workbook, and manual